Saturday, June 30, 2012

Against all odds


I won't hide it
I never really did like to work
Not back home, not where everybody was an asshole
But I do like to work in America
I do like it when people are amazed by the fact that I'm a fast learner
And that I have strong work ethic
I'm amazed too, I didn't think I had it in me

The fist bumps
The "good work, man" or "why can't the rest work like you ?" and "dude, this guy is ready !"
The pat on the back
The teamwork and camaraderie that I've witnessed
It's great and I'm emerging as a leader and a strong worker
I've advanced like no other in less than 2 weeks
I'm not blowing my own horn here, I'm just glad to know I'm not a failure
And that I am going to survive in this world
I wasn't sure I had it in me
But it feels great to know I'm not useless

"Cause I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn"

I miss all the people I left behind
And I'm sorry I can't help them out
Because some of them need help

But I do miss them dearly
And I miss her a hella lot
But I will come back
And I will set the record straight
And drag everybody with me
To better days

"Everybody come take my hand
 We'll walk this road together, through the storm
 Whatever weather, cold or warm
 Just let you know that, you're not alone"

 I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one
 Now some of  you might still be in that place
 If you're trying to get out, just follow me
 I'll get you there"

Being the dark horse and against all odds has been the story of my life
And every single time I got it done

No comments: