Friday, July 14, 2023

The many, the few

Stanley Cup: After a Stroll, Vancouver's Luongo Is Immovable - The New York  Times

Years have passed
Youth is now in the rear view mirror
Yet the darkness never went away.
 
Something is and will forever be broken in his mind
Everything besides specialized help only dissipated the darkness for a little while
And now with huge responsibilities at hand
The everlasting descent to chaos has accelerated.

The sole question repeating itself over and over again is why me?
People like us should never be loved nor cared for
Or they should live only with like-minded people.
 
I want God to come and take me home'Cause I'm all alone in this crowdWho are you to me? Who am I supposed to be?
***
You hear your mother screamingYou hear your daddy shout
That you don't deserve love
***
No one else will know these lonely dreamsNo one else will know that part of meI'm still driving away

No comments: